Sugar-Free Banana Bread
We just love a warm slice of banana bread fresh out the oven. What's even more amazing is you can actually make it healthy, sugar free and still rather delicious. Here's our favourite banana loaf recipe- worth a try!🍰🤩
⅓ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup honey or maple syrup
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas) + an extra banana for the top
¼ cup milk of choice or water
1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour (we use @eurekamills stoneground flour)
Totally optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices…
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
3. Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and add your banana cut in half.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. You may need to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread from the pan. Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.